Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

We have been working hard and I am exhausted. I just got up for Saturday practice today, after about 6 hours of sleep. I came home and slept for another 5. I did not realize I was so tired. I wonder how the kids are.

We have two championship meets this weekend. Six of our swimmers are competing at Sectionals. A step down from Jr. Nationals, but a big meet non the less. The rest of the kids (42 of them) are swimming at the Alaska Swimming Long Course Champs with AK Zone Team positions on the line. Last year we had only 26 swimmers at the meet, so this is pretty good considering 6 of our fastest swimmers won't even be in town.

The taper is the best and worst part of the training. Everyone gets anxious. The kids have more energy and the coaches worry more. I feel pretty confidant. I will be glad when this week is over.

No comments: