Monday, December 13, 2010

Diving & Adventure

Since my last entry we have had a lot of fun and adventure. We all ate in last night and made some pasta and generally relaxed. This morning Sarah and I got up and had a quick breakfast before being picked up by the dive center van and whisked away to our first warm water diving.

On the first of two dives we saw Black Tip Sharks, Lemon Sharks, and Grey Sharks, as well as hundreds of tropical fish. The sharks were very docile and not at all aggressive. I don't think a shark came within 30 feet of us. On the other hand I had a Beaked Sea Turtle swim right up to me. I have couple of photos of the it right in front of me. The dive master had Sarah feed it and I have a picture of that as well. All photos can be seen on Facebook.

On our second dive we went to a different part of the reef and saw more Black Tip and Grey sharks and more tropical fish. They are so colorful and amazing to swim with. It really was worth all of those cold dives in Seward and Whittier.

The best part about diving in warm water is the fact that we have much less gear on and much less weight to deal with. Sarah and I are literally carrying 1/4 the weight needed when in a dry suit. All in all we were in the water about an hour.

After diving we came back to the room and rented some scooters, but after taking a small spill, I made everyone nervous and we are returning them. I have a small scratch on my right arm but I am non the worse for wear. The scooter is now missing the plastic on the right tail light. Whoops.

I think we are going to go out for dinner tonight, but either way, it has been a fantastic day. Back at you tomorrow.

No comments: