Sunday, December 12, 2010

Paradise

After a long flight from LA we made it to Tahiti.  The flight itself was only about 8 hours, but we had to sit on the tarmac at the airport in LA for an extra 1.5 hours while they fiddled with baggage.

Once we landed, Sarah and made our way to Richard's hotel in Papeete.  From there the three of us walked over to the ferry terminal and caught our ride to Moorea.  We took a taxi to our hotel here at Club Bali Hai.  The rooms are far from extravagant, but the view is to die for.  I got a nice photo of the view from our patio.

We have mostly been hanging out, although we did make a trek to the local grocery to get some food for dinner & breakfast.  After the walk to the store I took a nap, but Sarah woke me up to catch a photo of Coconut Crab coming up from it's beachfront hole.

We relaxed a bit around the pool and then made some dinner. We went to bed around 9:30p and then got up today around 8a.  I went to find some wi-fi.  Which was a struggle, but I think I am hooked up for a few days.

Today, after lunch we all went for a swim and some snorkeling right in front of our hotel.  I got a couple of photos.

It is a little hard to take photographs from above the fish.  Tomorrow we go scuba diving, I am pumped.  Hopefully some more photos tomorrow.  All photos are on Facebook. I am having a hard time getting them on this blog.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: